Fully funded options available
The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations will provide learners with the underpinning knowledge and understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector. Learners will develop an understanding of a wide range of retail subjects, such as dealing with customers in various contexts, handling cash, stock management and retail law. The optional units give learners the opportunity to undertake learning programmes specific to their interests or aspirations within the retail sector, and allow progression onto higher level qualifications within both generic and specialist areas.
The aims of the qualification are to provide an introduction to the retail industry to those new to or seeking employment in this area as well as help learners develop an understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector. Learners will also feel more prepared for progression into a range of higher-level qualifications within the retail sector, including more practical qualifications where their knowledge can be put into practice.
To be awarded the level 2 certificate, learners need to achieve a minimum of 18 credits; 14 from the mandatory units and a minimum of 4 from the optional units. Work will be submitted in the evidence of a portfolio and once completed; NCFE, the awarding body, will send a certificate to the you.
- Unit 01: Understanding customer service in the retail sector
- Unit 02: Understanding the retail selling process
- Unit 03: Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Unit 04: Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
- Unit 05: Understanding retail consumer law
- Unit 06: Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
There are 12 optional units to choose from to gain the extra 4 credits to achieve the qualification.