Common Health Conditions
The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions is designed for learners looking to start work in, or already working in health and social care, who would like an understanding of common health conditions and their effects on individuals.
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of various common health conditions and how to monitor the health of individuals affected by health conditions. The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for further training and to support a role in the workplace where the individual may work or interact with those experiencing different health conditions.
To be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions, learners must achieve a minimum of 15 credits: 2 credits from the mandatory unit and a minimum of 13 credits from the optional units. In regards to the assessment method for this qualification, the work will be submitted in the form of a portfolio. Once the 15 credits have been achieved, you will receive a certificate from the awarding body, NCFE.
- Mandatory unit:
- Unit 01: Understand how to contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions
- Unit 02: Understand cardiovascular disease
- Unit 03: Understand respiratory disease
- Unit 04: Introductory awareness of sensory loss
- Unit 05: Stroke awareness
- Unit 06: Diabetes awareness
- Unit 07: Arthritis awareness
- Unit 08: Dementia awareness
- Unit 09: Understand the impact of Acquired Brain Injury on individuals
- Unit 10: Understanding mental health
- Unit 11: Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit 12: Understand physical disability
- Unit 13: Parkinson’s disease awareness
- Level 2
- Exam No
- Certificate Yes
- Course Delivery Online
Here you will have access to a 1:1 tutor , resources and workbooks which you can access 24/7.
Course duration is 6-8 weeks.
Functional Skills UK have many different Government funding schemes to offer our learners. To check if you are eligible to get this course funded, please fill out the contact form below: