This NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism is designed for learners who wish to develop and understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism. The qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism; covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
The objective of the qualification is to help learners progress within employment in a variety of sectors, and in a number of job roles where an understanding of autism and knowledge of how to support people with autism is required.
To be awarded the Level 2 certificate, the 6 mandatory units need to be successfully completed. Once achieved you will receive a certificate from the awarding body, NCFE.
- Unit 01: Introduction to autism
- Unit 02: Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Unit 03: Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Unit 04: Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Unit 05: Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Unit 06: Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives