Leisure Team Apprentice at Brighton College
- Leisure Team Apprentice at Brighton College
The Apprenticeship programme through Swim UK
provides an opportunity to develop skills across the
whole range of activities the centre provides.
These include gaining practical experience in:
– Lifeguarding, assisting with swimming
lessons, pool water testing, cleaning, setting
up the pool, and administrative tasks.
Full training will be given and will lead to the
possible attainment of the nationally recognised
APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING INCLUDED WITHIN
You will be given an “Individual Learning Plan” for
the following qualifications which you will
undertake in and around your working hours:
– Level 2 Leisure Team Member
– RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
– ASA Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching)
– ASA UKCC Level 2 Teaching Aquatics
– Level 2 Active IQ Gym/Fitness Instructing
– Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills (English &
Maths), if required
– Various one day courses, e.g. water testing,
safeguarding, first aid etc.
Brighton College is an exciting place to
work, and it is our staff who make our
community such a vibrant and
– Interest and/or background in swimming/
– Highly organised
– Good time management
– Good communication skills, both written
– Motivated to learn and achieve new
Hours of Work
You will be required to work 30 hours per week as
directed by the Manager of School of Science and
Sport Facilities. This will include early mornings,
evenings and weekends.
20 days (pro rata), in addition to bank holidays.
Annual leave should be taken during the school
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 434400 option 3 to receive further information.