Functional Skills English is a qualification designed to help both young people and adults develop their English reading, writing and communication skills in order to apply them in employment and everyday life. Our entry-level course helps many start their first step in learning English and provide the foundation for future aspirations and achievements
Our intensive courses are a mixture of in person sessions with one of our experienced Functional Skill Tutors on Zoom, as well as being sent resources to individually complete as homework. These courses will run on set dates/ times that Functional Skills UK have arranged throughout the year. The tutor will cover all of the required topics needed to prepare the learners to sit their exam. Exams can be taken face to face at our centre in Portslade, or online remotely if they have access to the correct IT equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability at an appropriate level to read, write, speak, listen, and communicate in English
- Apply this knowledge and these skills in familiar situations
- Achieve a foundation for further study at Level 1 and 2
Qualification Aims and Outcomes:
- Listen, understand and respond to verbal communication in a range of familiar contexts
- Acquire an understanding of everyday words and their uses and effects, and apply this understanding in different contexts
- Read with accuracy straightforward texts encountered in everyday life and work, and develop confidence to read more widely
- Write straightforward texts and documents with clarity and effectiveness, and demonstrate a sound grasp of spelling, punctuation and grammar
Friday 9th June
Friday 16th June
Friday 23rd June
Friday 30th June
Friday 7th July
from 10:00am-14:30pm each day.