Functional Skills English is a qualification designed to help both young people and adults develop their English reading, writing and communication skills in order to apply them in employment and everyday life. There are 5 different Functional Skills English levels available to complete, all with the aim to help individuals develop their confidence surrounding English. The highest level of Functional Skills English is Level 2 which is equivalent to a GCSE grade C/ 4.
We have a number of different delivery options available for learners to choose from. No matter the delivery option you choose, you will receive a number of resources which have been adopted from our awarding bodies as well as a number of practice exams for you to complete. In order to gain a Functional Skills English qualification, you are required to complete and pass a reading exam, a writing exam and a speaking and listening assessment. For the Entry Level qualifications, learners will also need to pass a spelling test. Functional Skills UK is a training provider for both NCFE and Pearson Edexcel awarding bodies. Once you have passed the exams, you will receive a certificate from the awarding body as proof of the new skills you have learnt!
- Listen, understand and make relevant contributions to discussions with others in a range of contexts
- Apply your understanding of language to adapt delivery and content to suit the audience and purpose
- Read a range of different text types confidently, applying your knowledge and understanding of texts to your own writing
- Write texts which vary in complexity, with accuracy and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Understand the situations for when planning, drafting and using formal language is important and when it is less important
Thu 30 Sep 2021, Fri 01 Oct 2021, Thu 07 Oct 2021, Fri 08 Oct 2021, Thu 14 Oct 2021, Fri 15 Oct 2021 from 12:30pm-5:00pm