Fully funded options available
Functional Skills English is a qualification designed to help both young people and adults develop their English reading, writing and communication skills in order to apply them in employment and everyday life. There are 5 different Functional Skills English levels available to complete, all with the aim to help individuals develop their confidence surrounding English. The highest level of Functional Skills English is Level 2 which is equivalent to a GCSE grade C/ 4.
Our remote intensive courses are a mixture of online live sessions with one of our experienced Functional Skill Tutors on Zoom, as well as being sent resources to individually complete as homework. These courses will run on set dates/ times that Functional Skills UK have arranged throughout the year. The tutor will cover all of the required topics needed to prepare the learners to sit their exam. Exams can be taken face to face at our centre in Portslade, or online remotely if they have access to the correct IT equipment.
- Listen, understand and make relevant contributions to discussions with others in a range of contexts
- Apply your understanding of language to adapt delivery and content to suit the audience and purpose
- Read a range of different text types confidently, applying your knowledge and understanding of texts to your own writing
- Write texts which vary in complexity, with accuracy and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Understand the situations for when planning, drafting and using formal language is important and when it is less important
6th October 2023
13th October 2023
20th October 2023
27th October 2023
3rd November 2023
10th November 2023
17th November 2023
Every session from 09:00am-13:00pm