Fully Funded options available.
This certificate is designed for learners who are starting to learn English and want to build their knowledge of the English language. This course gives learners the opportunity to build their confidence and social skills when communicating in English. The course focuses on common words and phrases uses in everyday speech. We provide Pre-Entry level 1, 2 and 3 and this helps learners progress to Entry Level English qualifications.
To complete this course, learners will need to attend sessions each week and practise their English at home. At the end of the course, learners will need to complete an internal assessment. On completion of the course, learners will receive a certificate by Functional Skills UK.
- Understanding the alphabet, and using upper- and lower-case letters
- Reading and writing numbers, and identifying 2D and 3D shapes
- Identifying colours, and naming where something is (prepositional language)
- Naming features in their local area
- Using formal and informal greetings
- Identifying feelings and emotions