Fully funded options available
Sustainability is quickly becoming a high priority for many businesses. Making moves towards becoming a ‘greener’ organisation can also provide cost saving initiatives, such as reducing waste or saving energy. This qualification covers the nature of climate change and the role that individuals, businesses and
other organisations play in helping to reduce carbon emissions.
This qualification is designed to provide learners with an introduction to the principles of climate change and environmental awareness. It will ensure learners understand the nature of climate change and the role they can play in helping to reduce carbon emissions. This course gives the knowledge and understanding for individuals to act as drivers of positive change within the workplace and at home
This qualification aims to:
- Focus on the study of environmental awareness and carbon footprint reduction associated with a wide range of workplaces and linked to the lifestyles of individuals
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge that is relevant, and can be applied, across a variety of sectors.
The objectives of this qualification are to:
- Become familiar with the basics of the environment and climate change
- Develop an understanding of environmental protection and the action that can be taken within the workplace to mitigate the damaging impact of industry on the environment
- Explore how the lifestyle of an individual can be environmentally detrimental, while offering an insight into ways to reduce their carbon footprint.