Level 1 Swimming Assistant
The Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) course is the first step towards becoming a qualified swimming teacher. This course is designed to introduce aspiring swimming teachers to the basic principles of teaching whilst enabling you to become a swimming teaching assistant.
You will learn about preparing for a lesson, how to deliver activities within a session, the role and responsibilities of a swimming teaching assistant and how to work alongside the swimming teacher.
The be awarded the Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification, you will be assessed throughout the course on theoretical questions, observations and reviews. Once you pass, you will receive a certificate from the awarding body, Swim England.
- At the end of the course, you will be able to assist a qualified Level 2 Swimming TeacherYou will learn:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component part of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communication skills
- How to identify anxiety and the use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide
To be eligible for this course you must be aged 16 or over.
Functional Skills UK have many different Government funding schemes to offer our learners.
To check if you are eligible to get this course funded, please fill out the contact form below: