CLICK HERE FOR COURSE DATES
The Swim England Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) course is the first step towards becoming a qualified swimming teacher. This course is designed to introduce aspiring swimming teachers to the basic principles of teaching whilst enabling you to become a swimming teaching assistant.
You will learn about preparing for a lesson, how to deliver activities within a session, the role and responsibilities of a swimming teaching assistant and how to work alongside the swimming teacher.
The be awarded the Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) qualification, you will be assessed throughout the course on theoretical questions, observations and reviews. Once you pass, you will receive a certificate from the awarding body, Swim England.
- At the end of the course, you will be able to assist a qualified Level 2 Swimming TeacherYou will learn:
- The legal aspects of assisting in swimming lessons
- The responsibilities of a Swimming Assistant
- The swimming pathway, fundamental movement, core aquatic skills and component part of strokes
- Scientific principles of swimming
- What makes up a lesson plan, equipment and communication skills
- How to identify anxiety and the use of motivational techniques
- The type of assistance you can provide