The Kickstart Scheme is aimed at helping individuals over the age of 16 enter into a 6-month work placement in order for them to gain work experience and new skills to progress into employment. Employers of any size can apply to be part of the scheme which will provide funding for each job role including coverage for 100% of the National Minimum Wage for 25 hours of work per week plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions.
In order to become a Lifeguard, there are some pre-course requisites:
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Able to swim a minimum of 100 metres on your back and front continuously
- Able to swim 50 metres in 60 seconds
- Able to dive to a depth of 3 metres
- Able to swim efficient breaststroke and have some knowledge of sidestroke
Functional Skills UK have many different Government funding schemes to offer our learners. To check if you are eligible to get this course funded, please fill out the contact form below: