Information, Advice or Guidance
The Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance is designed for those who work in or are looking to work in an information, advice or guidance role such as a careers advisor, counsellor, customer service advisor, employment advisor etc. This qualification is also great for employers such as local authorities, careers advice services, voluntary sector organisations, student services, citizen advice services or housing associations.
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of the key principles of information, advice or guidance and applying these within their own context.
The objectives of this qualification are to prepare learners for further training and to support a role where learners may give initial information, advice or guidance to others.
The be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in IAG, learners need to achieve a minimum of 15 credits, this can be accumulated through 6 credits from the mandatory units and a minimum of 9 units from the optional units. The assessment method for this qualification is evidence through a portfolio. Once the 15 credits have been achieved NCFE, the awarding body, will send the certificate through the learner.
- Unit 01: Information, advice or guidance in practice
- Unit 02: Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance
- Unit 03: Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance
- Unit 04: Information, advice or guidance- context
- Unit 05: Skills for advice providers
- Unit 06: Benefits advice work- practice
- Unit 07: Managing information
- Unit 08: Specialist advice work in practice- housing
- Unit 09: Specialist advice work in practice- debt
- Unit 10: Specialist advice work in practice- employment
- Unit 11: Specialist advice work in practice- refugee, immigrant or asylum seeker
- Unit 12: Information, advice or guidance in schools and colleges
- Unit 13: Information, advice or guidance work with groups
- Unit 14: Operating within networks to support information, advice or guidance
- GLH 114
- Level 2
- Exam No
- Certificate Yes
- Course Delivery Online
Here you will have access to a 1:1 tutor , resources and workbooks which you can access 24/7.
Course duration is 6-8 weeks.
Functional Skills UK have many different Government funding schemes to offer our learners. To check if you are eligible to get this course funded, please fill out the contact form below: