Fully funded options available
Functional Skills English is a qualification designed to help both young people and adults develop their English reading, writing and communication skills in order to apply them in employment and everyday life. There are 5 different Functional Skills English levels available to complete, all with the aim to help individuals develop their confidence surrounding English. The highest level of Functional Skills English is Level 2 which is equivalent to a GCSE grade C/ 4.
We have a number of different delivery options available for learners to choose from. No matter the delivery option you choose, you will receive a number of resources which have been adopted from our awarding bodies as well as a number of practice exams for you to complete.
In order to gain a Functional Skills English qualification, you are required to complete and pass a reading exam, a writing exam and a speaking and listening assessment. For the Entry Level qualifications, learners will also need to pass a spelling test. Once you have passed the exams, you will receive a certificate from the awarding body as proof of the new skills you have learnt!
- Listen, understand and make relevant contributions to discussions with others in a range of contexts
- Apply your understanding of language to adapt delivery and content to suit the audience and purpose
- Read a range of different text types confidently, applying your knowledge and understanding of texts to your own writing
- Write texts which vary in complexity, with accuracy and correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Understand the situations for when planning, drafting and using formal language is important and when it is less important
Functional Skills UK is a training provider for Edexcel awarding bodies.