An Apprenticeship is a genuine job with training incorporated into it, allowing individuals to earn a salary whilst learning. Apprentices can expect to work alongside experienced staff, gain job-specific skills, earn a wage and get holiday pay as well as be given time for study related to their role. At Functional Skills UK, we offer a number of different Apprenticeship Standards with the only requirement being you are aged 16 or over.
In order to become a Lifeguard, there are some pre-course requisites:
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Able to swim a minimum of 100 metres on your back and front continuously
- Able to swim 50 metres in 60 seconds
- Able to dive to a depth of 3 metres
- Able to swim efficient breaststroke and have some knowledge of sidestroke
Functional Skills UK have many different Government funding schemes to offer our learners. To check if you are eligible to get this course funded, please fill out the contact form below: